Massage for pregnant women
A massage specifically tailored to the individual needs of the expecting woman. This massage is always preceded by a detailed diagnosis.
It is performed in an appropriate position - safe for the mother and the baby - lying on the back/side, or sitting in a chair.
We are not limited to helping pregnant women only. We can support you even after childbirth, when the newly minted mother and her body may need help getting back in shape.
Advantages of massage for pregnant women
- Beneficial effect on the mother's psyche and baby's development, soothing effect on the nervous system,
- Prepares the joints for increasing body weight, strengthens the muscles of the lower limbs and abdominal cavity for to prepare for childbirth, has a toning effect on muscle fibers,
- Improves skin respiration and excretory function of sebaceous and sweat glands,
- Nourishes the massaged parts of the body, improves skin elasticity, excretes metabolic products,
- Muscle tissue is better oxygenated, nourished and cleansed of toxins,
- Ligamentous apparatus and joints increase capacity, strength and range of motion,
- The efficiency of the respiratory system - and indirectly the digestive system and digestion process - is increased,
- Counteracts and eliminates sacral pain and swelling in the legs and feet and stimulates flow of the limb fluids,
- Alleviates pregnancy discomfort, brings relief, relaxes the whole body.
The stimulating effect of massage for pregnant women affects the blood circulation system. Elimination of congestive symptoms and edema is observed. Massage reduces peripheral resistance, improves venous outflow (better filling of the right ventricle), lowers systolic arterial blood pressure, facilitates funcioning of the heart (left ventricle).
Massage for pregnant women has a positive effect on the fetus, especially on the development of its' nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine, lymphatic, skeletal, muscular, digestive and urinary systems.
Indications for massage for pregnant women:
- Contractures of soft tissues, postpartum pain,
- Swelling caused by water retention in the body,
- Varicose veins, stretch marks, dry skin, digestive problems,
- Feelings of general discomfort, weakness or fatigue.
Contraindications of massage for pregnant women:
- If the previous pregnancy was at risk or if there was a miscarriage,
- The first, second and ninth month of pregnancy,
- Abnormal course of pregnancy, gestosis, anemia,
- Inflammatory conditions, gestational diabetes, cardiovascular diseases,
- Hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, leukemia,
- Vascular, plasma and platelet hemorrhagic diathesis,
- Nephrolithiasis and diabetic nephropathy, pancreatitis,
- Glomerulonephritis and pyelonephritis, acute renal failure.
For more absolute contraindications, see "description of treatments" → "massage contraindications".
Remember that pregnancy is to be experienced in good health, joy, infatuation, new hopes and feelings of motherhood.